Good Morning! We had a great, sunny weekend here in Denver. We also saw Aziz Ansari (and Joe Mande) at the Bellco Theater downtown. They did not disappoint! (To the couple sitting to our right who barely laughed the entire night: are you dead inside??) Also, a couple got engaged right behind us at The Kitchen Denver. All of a sudden she leaped out of her chair and nearly tackled her boyfriend. Our waitress confirmed that they had just gotten engaged. Honestly? I kind of felt like I was intruding on a very personal moment. But I totally couldn't take my eyes off of them after that.
Here are a few things that had me clicking last week.
1. Sephora's Teint INFUSION Ethereal Natural Finish Foundation has me intrigued. It's supposed to "melt" into your skin and leave a natural, dewy finish.
3. This completely unsubstantiated, yet totally believable SERIAL theory has me thinking...
4. Making healthy homemade mayonnaise is a pain in the rear, especially if you don't have an emersion blender (remember, I'm lazy). Mark Sisson and his team are here to rescue us all from traditional mayo. Primal Kitchen's Mayonnaise is coming February 4th! (I'm really curious to see how much each jar will cost.)
5. House Beautiful has a fantastic article about creating space in your home by decluttering. My favorite quote to remember, "The barn's burnt down, now I can see the moon." This is a really thoughtful article about how to know what objects really have meaning and those that you think have meaning. Getting rid of "things" opens up space in our lives.
6. Have you started reading Inc. yet? I'm not in the workforce right now, but it seems like every article they write I want to read! These 11 productivity tips can apply to anyone, in any field.
7. I am one of those people who thinks sugar is going to be the death of us all. This Bustle article, "I Quit All Added Sugar for Two Weeks and Was Completely Surprised by What Happened", was funny, heartfelt and had a fresh take on why quitting sugar was important to the author. (spoiler alert: it's not because her skin cleared and her energy spiked)
8. Check out this cool time-lapse video of snow falling in Amarillo, TX.
9. Time magazine has a list of toys that will be huge in 2015. I know my kids already love the Minions, but with their own movie out this summer, I'm sure the Minion mania will be at its peak in a few months.
Have a great day :)